LIVERMORE, Calif. – January 13, 2022 – Monarch Tractor and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (District) are bringing more EV subsidy options to Bay Area farmers. Recently, the District announced that more than $100 million in grant funding is available for projects to upgrade or replace polluting equipment.
The District’s funding programs now include a new zero-emission (ZE) category for eligible farming projects. Some key program highlights and requirements are:
- Funding of up to 80% reimbursement for new ZE tractors replacing existing traditional equipment
- Funding of up to 50% reimbursement for supporting infrastructure
- ZE projects must:
- Operate at least 75% of the time within the District’s Bay Area jurisdiction
- Be a like-for-like replacement
- Scrap the old existing equipment
- Involve existing tractor(s) owned and operated for the last two years
- Involve new ZE equipment that is commercially available and field tested
Monarch Tractor utilizes 21st-century technology to empower farmers by enabling profitable implementation of sustainable and organic farming practices through the world’s first 100% electric, driver-optional, connected tractor.
This grant funding can help offset the cost of upgrading to ZE alternatives like the 100% electric MK-V smart tractor. To take advantage of the program and to see if you qualify, you can also contact the Monarch sales team at email@example.com, or Contact Us.